Saturday, December 03, 2005

It is December...HELP

Ok, so it snuck up on me AGAIN...like it doesn't every year! Here is is December 3 and I have yet to start my Christmas shopping. I would love to be one of those people that have it all done by July 1, wrapped and stashed. It will never happen. What might happen some year is that everyone gets a lovely card that says...A donation in your name has been made to*** you fill in the blank. That is what I would really love to do, but for some reason (namely, my hubby) I'm not feeling able to just blow off the present frenzy yet.

I had planned to make lots of handmade things. What happened to that plan? I'm feeling a bit Charlie Brownish today. Kind of like...what happened to the true meaning of Christmas??? My sister has the right idea and I am enjoying her daily musings on the season. Thanks, Ann!! I just wish it could all be simpler and more spiritual.

Ok, enough of that. I am headed for Patt's bass lesson and then Elizabeth will be coming over to make a stocking for Kris...I am not sure I am really ready for the whole Kris thing, but that is another day! Blessed season to you all. dawn

2 comments:

TransplantedOkie said...

Glad you are liking the advent stuff; I am enjoying putting it together.

Sounds like Kris is getting to be a serious thing! Kinda scary isn't it? Ann

Erin said...

Who's Kris?