Just some rambling sunshine for friends who for whatever reason are interested in my life!
Sunday, October 15, 2006
Race for the Cure
Elizabeth, Grannie and Betsy joined me for the Race (walk) for the Cure this Saturday morning. It was a gorgeous day, not too cold, sunny. A perfect October sky! We did the walk, ate a bagel, talked to some interesting women and got free goodies. After the race I joined the other survivors on the ball field for closing ceremonies. It was a moving, awesome experience. I am so lucky to have supportive people around to do these things with me!! Next year we want to have enough for a team (10 people) so be thinking about that! Love you all.
You betcha, we will have a team next year--I'm looking for fabric! I think the guys should be in "pink" capes--doubt they'll go for tights, but we might try! How about "Dawn's Dynamic -----? (can't be Duo..cause we'll have at least 10!) - loved the pictures, Elizabeth does an excellent job!it truly was a wonderful day, and I loved spending it with you. love you MOM
3 comments:
We have shirts ready. The team shirts say "team Aunt Wendy" and I have a speacial one that has your initials on it too.
We were ready, but Aunt Wendy wanted to do it with us and she had chemo on Thursday...
You betcha, we will have a team next year--I'm looking for fabric! I think the guys should be in "pink" capes--doubt they'll go for tights, but we might try! How about "Dawn's Dynamic -----? (can't be Duo..cause we'll have at least 10!) - loved the pictures, Elizabeth does an excellent job!it truly was a wonderful day, and I loved spending it with you. love you MOM
I will start saving up my vacation time so I can come walk too!
Post a Comment