Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Revolutions

Taking an idea from my dear Sistah here are some of the random revolutionary ideas that I am planning for 2008...We'll see how it all goes!

Finish my reread through the Bible. Seems I missed alot during the first time through. Almost every morning I think, "did I read that before?? I don't remember this part." After the 2nd time through I want to find a really good study. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Take a trip with my Sistah. Yes, if we both put it on our list we will surely do it!

Do a total clear out and review of my wardrobe (I know this amazes some of my family as I'm still wearing things I got in 1970) This will include shoes that I've worn once and hate (but couldn't throw away because of the guilt factor). So if you see me this summer in the same three outfits just ignore it. It just means that I've thrown out all my old ratty stuff and am too cheap to buy anything new just yet.

Ditto on the things in the attic and the hall closet. Things like maternity clothes, boxes and boxes of every piece of paper any child ever brought home from school, random Christmas things that haven't made it down in 18 years, etc. can probably be sorted and recycled. Don't worry, I won't throw anything that could possibly be used by a grandchild should I ever be so lucky to have one!


Find a mission that speaks to my heart and commit some time to it. I'm looking around and there are several possibilities for service. I'm asking for courage and the willingness to serve.

I hope that everyone's New Year is full of beautiful blessings and wonderful surprises! I'm looking forward to the changes and challenges that the new year will bring. Love to you all!

2 comments:

TransplantedOkie said...

Maybe we can shop in Savannah!!!

OkieGran said...

Sounds good to me! I wish you luck on your recycling--don't save too much for the grand children - they might not like what you thought they would.....this is the voice of christmas past....