I'm still having the same week I was having on Tuesday. Funny how that happens. Yesterday Daniel and I drove to Edmond to see some Directing Scenes in Elizabeth's class. (Hers was FABULOUS, by the way...I'm still crying) Anyway, after class I drove her over to her rehearsal at the dorm building. Dropped her off at the pull through in front and began traveling around the building to exit and head home. As I turned the corner of the parking lot and put my foot on the brake it became apparent that my brakes had vacated the premises. NO BRAKES, NONE, TO THE FLOOR. Luckily I was going about 10mph and the exit to the parking lot is up a hill. We were able to reverse and get into a parking space heading nose out. Whew. Of course it was a faculty parking space, but whatever. So, to make a short story longer, we called in the troops (AAA and Ethan) to rescue us, towed the car to Pete's house and had dinner at Steak and Shake.
Today we have school pictures which is always a treat...three year olds, creepy picture taker person, no moms, you get the picture (and it will probably not be one of them smiling).
Tomorrow I am meeting the "Sandman" to take delivery of a ton + of sand for Patterson's Eagle project which is happening on Saturday. I can only hope I have my car back by then, but if not maybe I'll get to ride in a dump truck!
As the saga continues, I'll keep you updated!
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment