Monday, February 20, 2006

It's a snow day!

Ok, I broke the federal law saying that everyone will go to the grocery at the first hint of a snow flurry...I did not buy massive loads of toilet paper, dishwasher detergent, dog food, cat food or Dr. Pepper...I did not want to believe that after an entire "winter" of 50-70 degree weather that we actually might get more than a dusting... Just for the record, I was wrong. My doggies are thrilled with scrambled eggs and cheese, Bigs thinks half and half is the best. We're eating off of paper plates (I don't even have any hand washing dish soap :) and the boys are about to discover the liquid refreshment that comes out of the faucet! We will survive the ice storm of 2006 in fine form. BECAUSE, I did not violate the 2nd cardinal rule of snow forcasted ...MAKE A TRIP TO THE LIBRARY. We may have to use Kleenex in the potty...but I have books to read! Life is good on this snow day!

4 comments:

Erin said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

LOL just wasn't enough.

OkieGran said...

scrambled eggs and cheese don't sound too bad to me either--I'm reduced to making Bisquick bread- but that's not too bad either I am ready for spring to return!

TransplantedOkie said...

People: Thess laws are made for our own protection!! Who knows when your dogs and cate will turn on you and take your books from you as fodder for themselves. I hope that I can rest assured that this lapse is a one time only occurance! ;)

Dad on the East Coast said...

The funniest part of this is that here in real snow country, they go to the grocery liek they are going to be house bound for days. In reality, the snowfall of Valentine's Day weekend, 12 inches, was cleared from the roads by noon! Just in case you have already run out of the toilet paper and bread you bought yesterday...enough for the 10 days you thought you might be stuck inside.